Monday, January 27, 2014

2.20pm

This character is from one of my favorite TV shows from the 90's.  I didn't actually start watching this show until after it was cancelled, but I fell in love within the first few moments of the very first episode.  If you don't know who this is, it's Gir from the show Invader Zim.  I loved it. Still do in fact. Gir always makes me happy.  I used to watch it after I would come home at night from the psych ward (I was an outpatient so I was allowed to go home at nights). This show made my days more bearable and my dreams less frightening. After a few days in the ward, the hours began to blend together.  This show helped break up the days into true dates. I... I don't want to say I wouldn't be alive still if it hadn't been for Invader Zim, but I do think that it kept me sane through all of the therapy and med changes. I guess I felt like I connected with the characters on a deeper level than any person I had come in contact with up to that point.  I have a few of the DVDs for the show. Not all of them yet.  I should get the rest.  I just... I don't have any money to spend right now, but I will deal. I hope everyone out there that's facing problems (big or small) finds something like this to help them get through the day... I don't want to hear about more kids dying because they couldn't take life anymore or they were being bullied.  I'm done and I refuse to become just another statistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment