Tuesday, April 18, 2017

18th April 2017, 8.18pm

There have been a lot of things I've tried to deny. The main one is the fact that I was raped. I was raped at age 13 by someone I thought was my friend. I was a freshman in high school. He was a year or two older than me. I thought he was sweet and kind, but he turned out to be nasty and awful.

David raped me, too. It took me a while to understand that it was rape. I was scared to say no. You should never ever be scared to say no. Just because you don't say no doesn't mean it isn't rape. Consent is mandatory. He never got my consent. He raped me every time we saw each other for most of our relationship. I was too scared to say no. I was terrified of being hit because of saying no, so I kept my mouth shut. I was raped. A lot. I am a rape survivor. I'm still absolutely terrified of running into David...

No comments:

Post a Comment